It’s important to be a part of a sustainable future and help keep our environment clean and safe.
At 365, we are dedicated to making a difference in our environment and improving the way we do business.
DID YOU KNOW? In 2015, 365 Retail Markets signed the American Business Act on Climate Pledge. https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/climate-change/pledge
As part of the initiative, we have been, and are still, committed to environmentally friendly business practices for a more sustainable future.
SO, what have we done to make a difference? You can find our redesigned facilities using energy-efficient technologies and reducing energy consumption while accommodating a growing workforce.
During our latest headquarter office building renovation, we transitioned all our high energy ballast lights to LED and installed timers to work around our daily work routines. We also purchased a cardboard baler to preserve our landfills from wasteful cardboard so we can recycle and reuse as well.
Once the 2nd phase of our renovation is complete, we will have an all-new HE HVAC system installed, and our efforts have cut our energy savings in half!
That’s not all folks. Another huge win for 365 was our persistence on eliminating as much superfluous packaging for our kiosks as possible. This push was part of us signing, committing, and continuing to fight for environmental and sustainable changes for our industry. This is also a win/win for all the US landfills that were using Elo products nationwide. This new design is being deployed on all of our units shipped, and we are looking to do the same for our new kiosk MM6 later in 2020.
Now what? As part of our continued efforts, 365 pledges to:
- Improve energy efficiency across all our offices and facilities by 20% by 2025.
- Commit to purchasing 25% renewable energy for the operation of our offices, warehouses, and other facilities by 2025.
- Design and develop future products, services, and technologies with improved energy efficiency and lower carbon emissions.
- Commit to providing preferred contractual terms to partners, suppliers, and customers who honor a similar Climate Pledge.
- Develop long-term business plans, budgets, and facilities improvements aligned with our Climate Pledge and our commitment to energy efficiency.
How are you making a difference in the environment?